In 2014, Western Monastery generously donated $1 million to set up a funeral assistance project named “The Yan Chai Hospital and Western Monastery Funeral Assistance Scheme”. The scheme offers financial assistance to eligible applicants who do not have the ability to pay for funeral expense of the Buddha followers.
To be eligible to apply for assistance, the following criteria must be satisfied:
- Deceased person is a Hong Kong resident and Buddha follower;
- Funeral must be performed by Buddhist ceremony;
- Applicant must be a relative of the deceased person;
- Funeral expense has not been reimbursed by government, charitable fund or other agency;
- Applicant who have financial difficulties in paying funeral expense could apply for financial assistance. Applicant is required to provide the proof of household income and asset.
How to Apply
- Applicants may call the YEAR Fund at 8100 7711 for more information.
- Applicants are welcome to be referred by workers of governmental or non-governmental organizations.
- Referral Form download (Please install Acrobat Reader to read the Referral Form).
- Referral Forms are also available at the YEAR Fund.
- After completing the referral form, workers may submit the form to the YEAR Fund by the following means:
- By post; or
- By fax (fax number: 2412 0245)